An Oak Framed Building Car Port is currently being erected in Swansea South Wales Depot.
We are currently in the process of fitting a number of Oak beams and Oak posts together to build a Beautiful traditional Oak frame.
The Oak framed building design has been bespoke produced to meet the specific size requirements of the oak Shelter that we require.
There are a number of unique Key features of the way that this Oak Car port has been supplied direct from the factory.
The unique features that made this Oak construction project plausible also meaning that a qualified carpenter could construct the frame were these –
Unique Features of Oak Kit
- Bespoke design drawings produced to customer specification.
- Oak structure supplied in kit form.
- Oak beams cut to exact size.
- Oak beams Mortice & Tennon joint.
- Oak Posts Chamfered.
Additional Costs in fitting the Oak canopy
- One of the main issues that we faced was the fact that it was bespoke to our building and needed to be fitted against a factory roller shutter door.
- In order to tie the Oak structure in with the Steel sheets to make the seal watertight we had to call in a fabricating company. The cost was £800 which was something that we hadn’t allowed in our budget.
- The following image shows the Oak Kit as supplied by the manufacturer, the kits are designed so that they can be constructed as easily as possible with all joints morticed. ( Green Oak is very heavy ).
- When starting to erect the Oak structure we encountered a few hiccups for example we were unhappy about the thought of the Oak sitting in water so we tried to lift the structure off the floor using stainless steel brackets.
For further information or advice on Oak structures, Buildings or Canopys please feel free to give us me a call on our Swansea South Wales phone number on01792 884828.
The information about Oak Timber Carport under construction at Swansea Depot South Wales appeared first on DG Heath.